Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ummm, what the?

I have a confession.  I enjoy watching terrible reality television while I do mundane chores around the house such as folding laundry.  I am especially entertained by shows that feature single women trying to figure out why they are still single.  I. Love. These.  Women.  They make me feel extremely confident and intelligent.
I am surprised at this Oprah inspired movement of "vision boards" and "dealbreaker" type lists.  We all have preferences and pet peeves, but why must these women write them down?  Do they have dementia?  I know I don't like guys that are pussies and can't drink hard liquor.  I'm not afraid I'll forget that and accidentally wind up in a relationship with a wimp that can't fight and only orders daiquiris.  Also, these women all say they want a good looking guy that doesn't cheat.  Oh, good.  Glad you put that on paper.  The rest of us are in the market for ugly men that sleep around.  THAT'S probably why I got cheated on.  I never bothered to write down that fact that I dislike it.
I can't even wrap my mind around the vision boards.  If you find yourself with so much spare time that you are cutting out pictures of celebrities and jewelry store ads to compile your idea of the perfect relationship, then you are way too single and way too crazy to even handle dating a real man.  I can't ever imagine a sane, capable man saying "I really hope I find a woman one day that has already put unreachable expectations on me before she's even met me.  I hope she takes me to her room one day and shows me an adult arts and crafts project of her imagination and says I'm the lucky man that fits the mold."
So ladies, stay away from the scissors and the glue sticks and the lists.  Use that time to figure out why you're not attracting the right man.  It can't be all their fault.  What daddy issues and mistakes other men have made are you blaming every one else for?  Really look for answers to those questions.  Or just learn to cook.  Either way, stop putting your psychosis down on paper.  The evidence is damaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment